Battlefield 3 - It's coming

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
Harding Jr

Battlefield 3 - It's coming

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:05 pm

For those that haven't heard about this the last few years Battlefield 3 has been in the works since 2007! They are introducing some awesome stuff from what I've seen and heard. Post all the news you find as well.
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.

KEY FEATURES

Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
Here's the first Teaser:

And here is someone with an awesome voice dissecting the trailer:

Note from the last video:
64 player Multiplayer!
Prone has came back! (find me now b*t*h).
Big bloody fighter jet planes that we can pilot! (or at least try too)
Also releasing this fall (or end of the year)

Couple of useful link to keep checking:
Official BF3 website - http://www.ea.com/battlefield3
Battlefield blog - http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/Default.aspx##
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Harding Jr

Re: Battlefield 3 - It's coming

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Something I picked up from the Blog
There comes a time when we as a studio have to choose where to best put our efforts. At DICE we’re dedicated to taking care of our products after launch, and also hell bent on building new, innovative and high quality games.

In my day to day work, I look at our release schedule and the studio’s capacity, weighing them against our wild ambitions to create awesomeness. I often need to make hard calls regarding where we put the studio’s focus. Part of the challenge is to balance work on the new against the already shipped, prioritizing the amount of energy spent on the known franchises and the time spent on developing something entirely new.

This is one of those cross roads where I need to make a hard decision. While we’ll continue supporting Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and previous games, it’s time to look ahead to the next giant leap for DICE – the release of Battlefield 3, powered by the mighty Frostbite 2 engine. Our goal is crystal clear: we’re going to build the best Battlefield game ever, and we’ll do whatever it takes to make this the biggest launch in DICE’s history.

We know some of you eagerly have been awaiting Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught on PC. I’m sad to say that these two titles are now officially cancelled. Instead, our talented teams will focus on delivering the greatest possible gaming experience in our next behemoth release. We’re confident this will lead to an even better experience in Battlefield 3, not only on PC, but on all platforms.

For an idea of what that means, watch this space for some exciting news I think you’ll like.
So they are putting a heap of effort into this one game, I'm excited already. :D
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:27 pm

I did read that Windows XP won't be supported.
Do we need to organise a regular group/clan to take on the likes of Mattly etc over at SCU?

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:37 pm

As long as Punkbuster will sort itself out with my NVIDIA Optimus technology, this game will definitely be great.
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Ive tried organising BC2 and COD4 clan battles here @ KSR vs the SCu girls but we never get anyone to commit other then myself, growler and obscene.

Ill def be getting this game and will be keen for any organised matches anyone is planning

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Bull wrote:Ive tried organising BC2 and COD4 clan battles here @ KSR vs the SCu girls but we never get anyone to commit other then myself, growler and obscene.

Ill def be getting this game and will be keen for any organised matches anyone is planning
all you have to do is tell me when.

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Aaron wrote:
Bull wrote:Ive tried organising BC2 and COD4 clan battles here @ KSR vs the SCu girls but we never get anyone to commit other then myself, growler and obscene.

I did last time and I think you might of been one of the 3/4 that actually showed

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Aaron wrote:

Likewise, if I'm not working or at Speedway I'll probably be there. _b

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Another link to keep an eye on. This one shows in game screenshots. It was first believed that they were renders but in fact they are in game shots! I must say the smoke looks amazing. :D _b

http://enterbf3.com/

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 pm

You can now pre-order at Mighty Ape

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-G ... ?r=1674611

Pretty darn cheap as well! Only $90. I was expecting something well in excess of that and was prepared to pay it.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I'll wait for Playtech to put up pre-orders and see if another $5 or so can be taken off.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm going to hold back on pre-ordering and wait to see if they have any limited/prestige type packages coming out with the game. To see if it's worth the extra few bucks.

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:45 pm

There is a limited edition, they've been advertising it. Unfortunately, like most FPS games nowadays, it will probably just feature a different case and a early unlock/gun etc to use straight away in MP

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:55 pm

*cough* http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-Prestige-Edition/8169772/
Mighty Ape wrote:The Prestige Edition is what every hardcore Call of Duty fan needs. It contains:
* Call of Duty: Black Ops full game
* Remote Control RC-XD Surveillance Vehicle
* Premium, special-edition SteelBook™ case
* Limited edition Black Ops collector’s medal w/display case
* 4 additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game
* Special Black Ops Xbox Live or PlayStation Home avatar outfit

The RC-XD’s features include:
* Video & audio sent wirelessly to remote transmitter (200 ft. range)
* 2” backlit TFT 220 x176 color screen built into RC controller
* Digital proportional steering and throttle
* Independent suspension
* High and low speed settings
* Custom pistol grip style RC controller
* Display stand
However, it only costed double the price of the PS3 version (or $150).

Where's the mini tank or chopper for this game.

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:56 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:*cough* http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-Prestige-Edition/8169772/
Mighty Ape wrote:The Prestige Edition is what every hardcore Call of Duty fan needs. It contains:
* Call of Duty: Black Ops full game
* Remote Control RC-XD Surveillance Vehicle
* Premium, special-edition SteelBook™ case
* Limited edition Black Ops collector’s medal w/display case
* 4 additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game
* Special Black Ops Xbox Live or PlayStation Home avatar outfit

The RC-XD’s features include:
* Video & audio sent wirelessly to remote transmitter (200 ft. range)
* 2” backlit TFT 220 x176 color screen built into RC controller
* Digital proportional steering and throttle
* Independent suspension
* High and low speed settings
* Custom pistol grip style RC controller
* Display stand
However, it only costed double the price of the PS3 version (or $150).

Where's the mini tank or chopper for this game.
That wasn't a limited edition, thats the prestige edition.

Black Ops also had a Limited Edition, as did BC2, MW2 etc

2LO

Post by 2LO » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Ill def be getting this game and will be keen for any organized matches anyone is planning
Last Cod4 Battle we had was a complete f*** up TBH, Organize another one against SCU if a few of their players still play Cod4, will be keen as ,as long as its around 8:30pm. That way i'll definitely be home from work.
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:04 am

2LO wrote:

Ill def be getting this game and will be keen for any organized matches anyone is planning
Last Cod4 Battle we had was a complete f*** up TBH, Organize another one against SCU if a few of their players still play Cod4, will be keen as ,as long as its around 8:30pm. That way i'll definitely be home from work.
No one plays COD4 anymore 2lo :larf:

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Growler wrote:Do we need to organise a regular group/clan to take on the likes of Mattly etc over at SCU?
I'm in for that... I think the people here play better as team and would fair better. Where as in SCu it there tends to be more focus on individual objectives..
Admire the fur

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
Growler wrote:Do we need to organise a regular group/clan to take on the likes of Mattly etc over at SCU?
I'm in for that... I think the people here play better as team and would fair better. Where as in SCu it there tends to be more focus on individual objectives..
They'll play it for a week and move onto another game anyway :larf:

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Everyone has BC2 don't they? Lets try and organize one and see how we go.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 am

Harding Jr wrote:Everyone has BC2 don't they? Lets try and organize one and see how we go.
i suspect you are wasting your time...... as bull states, they play it for a week then rarely again... SCu actually mean ADD ;)
Admire the fur

2LO

Post by 2LO » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Bull wrote:
2LO wrote:

No one plays COD4 anymore 2lo :larf:

Guarentee alot more people out there play CoD4 more than MW2 or BO or W@W
This Guy is SO Awesome

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:18 pm

2LO wrote:
Yeah but MW2, BO and W@W Are all shit.

BC2 > COD4

2LO

Post by 2LO » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Bull wrote:
2LO wrote:
Yeah but MW2, BO and W@W Are all shit.

BC2 > COD4

Cod4 > BC2
This Guy is SO Awesome

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:26 pm

cod4 is too easy... I prefer bc2 as it always is a challenge... unless I have a pro pilot or engi repairing my heavy tank!