KSR vs SCu Wednesday 2nd March from 8pm

Gear up Marine, we're going in!
Sulley

Re: KSR vs SCu Wednesday 2nd March from 8pm

Post by Sulley » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Growler wrote:
Sulley wrote:That was fun catching up with some old racers from years gone, funny how everyone still really wants to kill Mattly, somethings never change :D
The reckon the highlight of the evening was Riven shooting Mattly in the head while he was in a helicopter!
Yes that was priceless :B
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Keen for another. +1 for hardcore.

Didn't notice any disadvantge between classes with it on.

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Riftcreator wrote:Keen for another. +1 for hardcore.

Agreed. Non Hardcore makes the classes unbalanced, the Medic class is by far the best class on Non Hardcore

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Bull wrote:

Agreed. Non Hardcore makes the classes unbalanced, the Medic class is by far the best class on Non Hardcore
yes, hardcore is the way _b
Admire the fur

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Bull wrote:

lol nah my 2 shot m60 sniping off someones kit made me rethink my medic gun from the g36 to that... on hardcore.

plus noticed no tags with a sniper rifle, I tag about 1/5 kills on normal. Enjoyed my kdr etc did it even count? got like 41-2 before crashing on one map.

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
Bull wrote:

yes, hardcore is the way _b
You didn't even play Sas O_o

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:53 pm

normal mode for me. Server was quite laggy for me. Verging on not playable.
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:47 am

Aaron wrote:
Bull wrote:

lol nah my 2 shot m60 sniping off someones kit made me rethink my medic gun from the g36 to that... on hardcore.

plus noticed no tags with a sniper rifle, I tag about 1/5 kills on normal. Enjoyed my kdr etc did it even count? got like 41-2 before crashing on one map.
I doubt it would count, not that it actually matters anyway.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:25 am

Bull wrote: You didn't even play Sas O_o
correct Bull...simply commenting that Hardcore is preferable.
Admire the fur

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Why is it preferable?
"Run Yasmine Run"

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:20 pm

For me I see it this way. Hardcore makes BC2 more like BF42, which required skill, teamwork and communication to win the rounds.

If I want to pay newbie mode I'll play on a pub server, but an organized match I expect more out of it, hence why I prefer hardcore mode.

Otherwise I don't see the point, might as well just play the pub servers and care about myself and my kdr. Not that I play much anyway, and it has been years since I've played competitive BF, I think the last time was for crex in BF2.

Just my 2c worth :)

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Hardcore mode has some problems....... Where the hell are the iron sights on the mounted guns, several op units and data not available that should be available in all modes, ie, who is sharing your Helo/wetbike etc. The removal of these items is not "Hardcore" it is just plain stupid. I can understand getting rid of targeting and the mini-map, but some of these other things are beyond me.
At the end of the day, its not preferable, but it is do-able.

Guess we will have to bone up on our spawn camping skills for the next one. Hope we have even teams, that might be nice also.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 pm

UnbounD wrote:Guess we will have to bone up on our spawn camping skills for the next one. Hope we have even teams, that might be nice also.
Lets hope not, the low amount of spawn camping this week added greatly to my enjoyment, I had to walk a bit before snake or biteme picked me off :D

Lots of camping of spawns and I just dont see the point, if you want shooting fish in a barrel, play a flash game on your fancy iphone or whatever...just zero fun and zero incentive to join fullstop in my book.

Just my 2.3 cents (incl GST)
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Hardcore mode, as Rifty said, makes it a much more team orientated game requiring communication & teamwork to pull off.

IRL do you see people on a mounted weapon looking down the iron sights?

If someone is in your squad that is in your Helo/Vehicle it shows, but in reality that is what Teamspeak is for and just encourages communication and working as a team.

I really hope that its not changed to non hardcore for next time, cause I for one won't be showing if it is.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Hotwheels

Post by Hotwheels » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Bull wrote:Hardcore mode, as Rifty said, makes it a much more team orientated game requiring communication & teamwork to pull off.

If someone is in your squad that is in your Helo/Vehicle it shows, but in reality that is what Teamspeak is for and just encourages communication and working as a team.

I really hope that its not changed to non hardcore for next time, cause I for one won't be showing if it is.
Nah, never seen someone on a mounted gun IRL, have you?
2011 Auckland Allstar - 9a

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:30 pm

Hotwheels wrote:
Bull wrote:Hardcore mode, as Rifty said, makes it a much more team orientated game requiring communication & teamwork to pull off.

Nah, never seen someone on a mounted gun IRL, have you?
Yes. Most Mounted guns often don't have Iron sights and will have some form of attachment or sight mounted on top. And in reality, in a full out war, a Mounted gun isn't going to last too long as its going to be a target.

And anytime UnbounD, just don't laugh too hard cause another quake might come along and knock ya off ya chair :larf:

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:37 pm

Bull wrote: And anytime UnbounD, just don't laugh too hard cause another quake might come along and knock ya off ya chair :larf:
Yeah thats real funny too, quite the heartless little scum bag aint wee!

^ cant remove this as its already been quoted, but I can say sorry^
Last edited by UnbounD on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:42 pm

UnbounD wrote:
Bull wrote: And anytime UnbounD, just don't laugh too hard cause another quake might come along and knock ya off ya chair :larf:
Yeah thats real funny too, quite the heartless little scum bag aint wee!
Well if you can't have a serious discussion about the mode then thats what we resort to :)

And hey, I lost a lot of stuff and had a lot of damage in the quake, at the end of the day though if you sit around doing nothing about it it's not going to help the situation at all, but as helpful as all the beneficiaries sitting round having a BBQ and a Beer and complaining that no one is helping them because they are too lazy to get off their damn asses and put in a solid days work....

Chainsaw

Post by Chainsaw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Omg i dont even know you unbound, most mounted guns in real life people dont use "iron sites"... thats why they put tracers in the mix of ammo o_O . Sorry i made it so late, will try turn up on time for the next one :)

Oh and a message for unbound (what a dumb name) im to unpolite to post in a private forum so ill do it in here! Wishing bull got what was coming and fast.. tut tut tut hows your house mate?

Chainsaw
I have probably rolled a Superstock more times than most Superstock drivers. This is because I race on the absolute limit week in and week out. - Hemi 9/9/11

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Now that I have been away and had a smoke, Im sorry I said all of that, but I more than a little messy after the last many months.

Chainsaw.........the house that I moved out of a month ago because it was getting pretty scarey to live in Collapsed onto flat below it and I still dont know what happend to my neighbours of 9 years, so you can see why I would snap.

Moving on!
"Run Yasmine Run"

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Chainsaw wrote:Omg i dont even know you unbound, .....
Oh and a message for unbound (what a dumb name) im to unpolite to post in a private forum so ill do it in here! Wishing bull got what was coming and fast.. tut tut tut hows your house mate?

Chainsaw
With full respect to the fact that these are not my clans forums but you come into a thread late and start hurling insults. Whats is up with KSR these days. A shame the likes of Sas cant set a better example. No apology or even fronting up at the game, and absolutely no official response or reprimand from KSR seniors members on it.

We have been more than amiable in setting up 2 interclans as per KSRs requests and have fronted with full teams every time, unlike KSR. No need for Bull, Unbound, or Chainsaw wade on in with those remarks.

Maybe a senior KSR rep can put a lid on this and lets get back to some good old fashion fun inter clan matches.
SCu - the original

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:31 pm

spanky_nz wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:Omg i dont even know you unbound, .....

Chainsaw
You come into a thread late and start hurling insults. Whats is up with KSR these days. A shame the likes of Sas cant set a better example. No apology or even fronting up at the game, and absolutely no official response or reprimand from KSR seniors members on it.

We have been more than amiable in setting up 2 interclans as per KSRs requests and have fronted with full teams every time, unlike KSR. No need for Bull, Unbound, or Chainsaw wade on in with those remarks.

Maybe a senior KSR rep can put a lid on this and lets get back to some good old fashion fun inter clan matches.
Its a bit hard when our only Active FPS/KSR Combat admin is Sasquatch and hes up to ferk all these days.

End of the day you set a time/date and told us to be there. A few of us said Wednesdays didn't suit but that didn't matter cause SCu spoke and thats it.

Chainsaw

Post by Chainsaw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Mate i live here as well. I helped for three days witht the TF's in town. Got anything else to say? Keep it to your self mate!

And spanky? Im just sticking up for a mate, go jump!

Chainsaw
I have probably rolled a Superstock more times than most Superstock drivers. This is because I race on the absolute limit week in and week out. - Hemi 9/9/11

spanky_nz

Post by spanky_nz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Bull wrote: End of the day you set a time/date and told us to be there. A few of us said Wednesdays didn't suit but that didn't matter cause SCu spoke and thats it.
Ummm..... au contraire young Bull
Harding Jr wrote: A time: We can cut out Monday's and Tuesday nights (before 10) with KSR racing taking place then. How about a Wednesday night starting at 9.30pm? How does that work for everyone?
(Gives time for dinner, finishing work for some etc.)

Please calm it down Chainsaw. I lost 1 friend and one ex colleague in the quake. Dont use the quake as a way of trolling in the forums. Uncool mate, very uncool.
Last edited by spanky_nz on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SCu - the original