Need a Good Graphics Card

Looking for a bargin, check out KiwiSimRacing Classifieds
Maniak

Need a Good Graphics Card

Post by Maniak » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:30 pm

So there I was ..... about the crank up rFactor and the ole G25 again, blow off the dust and get back into some good fun,competitive driving ...... at which point my HD5850 decided it was time to NOT do that - in fact, NOT do anything!! The fan has given up and sounds tractor like when it does spin and I am back onto the onboard graphics (i3 based) and looking hard at a new (or decent 2nd hand card).

Has anyone recently upgraded with the old card still around? or do I just harden up and go and get a GTX950/FX460(ish) level card from PB Tech?

Riftcreator

Re: Need a Good Graphics Card

Post by Riftcreator » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Gutted!

My HD5770 in the other PC has started to play up, so I'm in the same position where I need to look at changing cards, before it just won't boot up. I do know this though, I'll be going nVidia.
The one and only time I want to AMD (because it was cheaper at the time) I've had nothing but issues.

Maniak

Re: Need a Good Graphics Card

Post by Maniak » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:04 pm

Thanks for the offers guys (PMs). I headed off to PB Tech on a sale and splashed out on the only thing I could really afford - just a lil GTX950 .... it'll do for now and I'm happy!