PC2 - Whos going to get it?

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
Murphy's Law

PC2 - Whos going to get it?

Post by Murphy's Law » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:01 am

I'm have to admit im getting a little excited about this, Looks like they have fixed a lot of the issue or so the reports say. Anyone else looking at getting it?

kerryland

Re: PC2 - Whos going to get it?

Post by kerryland » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:36 pm

I get most things, so probably. I race PC1 with my father every Wednesday night -- it's definitely friendlier for the more casual racer.

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:38 pm

It does look promising. Ill wait for the post release review before committing to it

kerryland

Post by kerryland » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 am

So, did anybody try it? In the end I decided I couldn't be bothered (but my sim racing seems to have stopped dead for a while anyway)

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:48 am

From reviews Ive seen some people love it, while the hardcore Sim types generally feel its still a bit arcadey.

Id say if you enjoy the range of cars available and decent AI to race against you would probably enjoy it.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:52 pm

I've got it, and it is quite good.

It's very much Project Cars 1.8. If you liked the first one, you will like this one.

VR support is excellent out of the box, and many of the annoying features have been sorted, like manual driving in pit stops and after the checkered flag.

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Bull wrote:From reviews Ive seen some people love it, while the hardcore Sim types generally feel its still a bit arcadey.

Id say if you enjoy the range of cars available and decent AI to race against you would probably enjoy it.
It seems like a lot of the people who didn't like it didn't give it a chance. A lot of A/C fan boys just wanting to make it seem like its crap.

The only real issue I had is the baseline setups are so far where they need to be. LSD turned off, Ride height too low etc. Once you get the cars dialed in It is a step down physics wise from RF2 or Assetto but for me its on a par with a good RF1 Mod.