AC on sale at humble bundle (limited time)

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
Erik

AC on sale at humble bundle (limited time)

Post by Erik » Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Riftcreator

Re: AC on sale at humble bundle (limited time)

Post by Riftcreator » Wed May 09, 2018 10:01 am

That's so cheap!

Erik

Post by Erik » Wed May 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Riftcreator wrote:That's so cheap!
True but it wouldn't include the additional DLC, so this is just the base game. However, the DLC can also be found on sale on Steam at times. Christmas last year I bought all the DLC at something like 80% off..... and I have never played any of it as I keep going back to rF2 :larf:

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Sat May 12, 2018 11:04 am

Erik wrote:
Riftcreator wrote:That's so cheap!
True but it wouldn't include the additional DLC, so this is just the base game. However, the DLC can also be found on sale on Steam at times. Christmas last year I bought all the DLC at something like 80% off..... and I have never played any of it as I keep going back to rF2 :larf:
I did the same. AC is a game I want to love but just can't.

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat May 12, 2018 11:13 am

From what I've read the AC for sale on Humble Bundle can't be combined with any of the DLC's or other content on Steam.

I also have AC, but have struggled to get into it.

Erik

Post by Erik » Sat May 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Bull wrote:From what I've read the AC for sale on Humble Bundle can't be combined with any of the DLC's or other content on Steam.
It does show the Steam logo on the AC page so it should just be a Steam key? I bought my AC also from Humble Bundle late last year when they had a sale on and it was just a Steam key I had to redeem through my Steam library. I also haven't had any issues buying DLC later on through Steam directly for the game? But buyer beware of course, may they are doing things differently now.

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat May 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Erik wrote:
Bull wrote:From what I've read the AC for sale on Humble Bundle can't be combined with any of the DLC's or other content on Steam.
It does show the Steam logo on the AC page so it should just be a Steam key? I bought my AC also from Humble Bundle late last year when they had a sale on and it was just a Steam key I had to redeem through my Steam library. I also haven't had any issues buying DLC later on through Steam directly for the game? But buyer beware of course, may they are doing things differently now.
Apparently its a different version of the game that the DLC's purchased through Steam don't sync up correctly with. Thats just what I've read on the forums at least.

Erik

Post by Erik » Sun May 13, 2018 10:20 am

Either way it was a big waste of money for me. I’m just not playing it.
I can’t tell quite why. It looks 10 times better than rF2 even with DX11.
It has perhaps 100 times more content available. So I get why people like it.

But when I try driving it it just feels meh to me. It’s ... okay.
But when I then fire up rF2 to try to master the Porsche 917 on Sebring, it just keeps me going for hours , just the sheer feel of that beast of a car fighting you at every corner. I just don’t get that experience from AC?

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun May 13, 2018 10:30 am

Erik wrote:Either way it was a big waste of money for me. I’m just not playing it.
I can’t tell quite why. It looks 10 times better than rF2 even with DX11.
It has perhaps 100 times more content available. So I get why people like it.

But when I try driving it it just feels meh to me. It’s ... okay.
But when I then fire up rF2 to try to master the Porsche 917 on Sebring, it just keeps me going for hours , just the sheer feel of that beast of a car fighting you at every corner. I just don’t get that experience from AC?
rF2 and iRacing are both that step above when it comes to physics engine. The tyre model on rF2 is far superior to anything else out there, which is probably a contributing factor to why a lot of professional teams use the commercial version (rFPro) as their training and testing sim. They both also feature dynamic tracks which gives a lot more feel as you continue doing laps over the static AC tracks which don't change at all.

But yes I agree, you feel a lot more connected to the cars in rF2 and AC still feels like a last-gen sim when it comes to that connection between driver and car.