Australasia GT3 Championship - Round 3

Discussion Forum for Joint Aus/NZ Series.
Bull

Australasia GT3 Championship - Round 3

Post by Bull » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Well the racing finally kicked off in this GT3 Championship, and after quick repairs the cars have been sent across the world to the exciting circuit of Zandvoort. A challenging circuit that offers a bit of everything, it will be sure to keep all the drivers on their toes and will test every fine detail in the vehicle and driver combination.

Due to the server issues we experienced in Round 2, we have another server we will be trialling on Sunday night (if problems persist). This server has a higher data rate, so fingers crossed there won't be any further issues. If issues do persist, the field will be capped to 24 drivers - this will be taken from qualifying results. We will attempt to race with all who attend first and foremost, and will only apply the car limit if absolutely necessary. Practise during the week will still be available on the xFactor server, with LiveRacers keeping tabs on how much time you need to find!

Race Night Schedule:
6:00pm AEDT/8:00pm NZDT - Official Practise
6:50pm AEDT/8:50pm NZDT - Drivers Briefing
7:00pm AEDT/9:00pm NZDT - Qualifying
7:20pm AEDT/9:20pm NZDT - Racing Commences

Race Night Format:
Qualifying - 15 minutes, private session
Race 1 - 13 Laps, No Compulsory Pit Stop (CPS)
Race 2 - 28 Laps, 1x Compulsory Pit Stop (CPS). Minimum of 2x Tyres replaced. Pit Window is between Lap 3 and Lap 26

=fieldzy=

Re: Australasia GT3 Championship - Round 3

Post by =fieldzy= » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:35 am

Quote:If issues do persist, the field will be capped to 24 drivers - this will be taken from qualifying results.
This is from the first post.
Quote:Numbers: This depends a lot on our server capability, but I feel around 32 is the max number before we may start having issues on server-side (this number could also change based on grid spots/pit stalls on each track). I feel each community will get an x amount of reserved driver spots (obviously depends on how many wish to be involved), but for example if there is 4 communities, each community has 6 reserved spots for drivers (making 24), then the remaining 8 spots can be open to anyone. How we delegate those whether its through qualifying times, first come first served basis, to be discussed. I don't want to qualify for each race as I like to start at the back of the field. This is until I get a feel for other drivers I haven't race with before.

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:18 am

=fieldzy= wrote:Quote:If issues do persist, the field will be capped to 24 drivers - this will be taken from qualifying results.
This is from the first post.
Quote:Numbers: This depends a lot on our server capability, but I feel around 32 is the max number before we may start having issues on server-side (this number could also change based on grid spots/pit stalls on each track). I feel each community will get an x amount of reserved driver spots (obviously depends on how many wish to be involved), but for example if there is 4 communities, each community has 6 reserved spots for drivers (making 24), then the remaining 8 spots can be open to anyone. How we delegate those whether its through qualifying times, first come first served basis, to be discussed. I don't want to qualify for each race as I like to start at the back of the field. This is until I get a feel for other drivers I haven't race with before.
We are pretty confident we are on top of the server issues. However if issues do persist, we will use what was originally posted. We will ensure each community is represented - so each community will have at least 4 people to score their full team points for the race. Then any extras or left overs that don't full under that umbrella will be decided on based on qualifying times.

=fieldzy=

Post by =fieldzy= » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:39 pm

We need to password the server. We have the numbers and all that is happening now is high ping hopeless drivers are getting in. This just stuff things up for leagues players.

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:24 pm

There will be a password on the server on race night.

Erik

Post by Erik » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Will that be the same password as we used on the XFactor Server while we had the unreleased GT3 patch on it?

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:56 am

Danman

Post by Danman » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Won't make it tonight, have to get up early for work tomorrow. Have fun!

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm

We will be racing on the Australasia GT3 server tonight, password is: ANZ