Assetto Corsa

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
barf

Assetto Corsa

Post by barf » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:56 pm

Any Assetto Corsa drivers here?

Asking because I could do with some volunteer testers for some kiwi tracks I'm working on: These tracks/roads are based on LiDAR terrain models and ortho-photography from Land Information New Zealand, and also JAXA's (the Japan space agency's) ALOS DSM. I've only got one tester at the moment and would be grateful to get some more feedback. Especially around performance, because I'm pushing limits with this stuff, Summit Road is 1400km square, but I need to preserve the amazing scenery ;-)

Bull

Re: Assetto Corsa

Post by Bull » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:20 pm

That's very cool. I'd been working on a Ruapuna conversion from rF1 into rF2 but it's quite a dated model - I'd be keen to have a tinker with AC again if I can convince you to bring it over to rFactor 2 when you're finished ;)

Plus I have driven around Ruapuna a few times so know where those bumps are...

barf

Post by barf » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:30 am

Nice, that old rf1 version has been converted to AC too. It's in need of some TLC though :)

I reached out to Danman for permission to re-use some objects from that one, I think it's originally his handiwork? Would be great to re-use the control tower and grandstand objects. They still look good.

Plan is to release this for free into the public domain, an rf2 conversion would be welcome! The LINZ data is creative commons attribution and the ALOS DSM is copyrighted by JAXA for public use.

barf

Post by barf » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Making incomplete, test versions available for anyone who wants to see what the work-in-progress is like.
Lots of issues still but working through them!

Ruapuna:
-- sorry borked link --

Port Hills (currently only Sumner Road is paved):
-- sorry borked link --
Last edited by barf on Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icarus_NZ

Post by Icarus_NZ » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Tried your track today.
The 'other' Ruapuna 2012 is simply terrible with crazy big bumps into T1, H/Pin and the Sweeper which make it undrivable.
Where you've got to already is good - at least you can cut a lap.

Here's hoping you carry on with the project.

Knowing the track reasonably well I find myself looking for visual cues that aren't there yet. To be fair, some of the references I look for aren't that obvious and being well outside of the track limits probably seem inconsequential.

having the track limits clearly defined, the kerbs 3D and brake markers in place would improve things 100%
Process, process, process...

Tobymcdonald

Post by Tobymcdonald » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:15 pm

I would love to test these tracks but I am having an issue with the start up/running of my assetto corsa at the moment. It keeps failing and coming up with “AI spline missing”?? I don’t know how to solve this, can anyone help?