NZiRL 6: Formula Cup

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Bull

NZiRL 6: Formula Cup

Post by Bull » Sun May 09, 2021 9:58 pm

Graduating from the Skip Barber's, we shift our focus onto one of the global formula classes - the Dallara Formula 3! Raced in multiple countries, it is one of the stepping stones towards Formula 1, and has a lot of young and upcoming talent compete every year to make a name for themselves.

iRacing's Dallara F3 is one of the more popular open wheel road classes on the system, with good attendance each week and plenty of support within the community. Pairing our series up with part of the iRacing official series will give drivers wanting to further their open wheel career valuable seat time, as well as experience racing these cars in a field.

As of this season, we will be running our iRacing event's via the "League" system rather than the "Hosted Sessions" system. This has a lot of advantages over how we were running it. We are still setting this up, but once it is live, you will need to send a join request to our league in order to be accept and race.

To Join the league, you can find us either on the member website under leagues, or in the UI, under leagues, as "Kiwi Sim Racing". If that does not work, our League ID is 6915. You should then be able to apply for the league. If you are not accepted within 24 Hours, please message myself (Bull) as sometimes join requests do not come through.

Car: Dallara F3

Schedule:
[19/05] - Practise Round - LimeRock Park
[26/05] - Round 1 - Road Atlanta - Full Course
[02/06] - Round 2 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix
[09/06] - Round 3 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
[16/06] - Round 4 - Watkins Glen International - Boot
[23/06] - Round 5 - Long Beach

Format:
- 10 Minute Open Qualifying Session
- 1x 15 Minute Heat
- 1x 5 minute warmup / break
- 1x 30 minute Feature Race - Double Points - Top 8 Reverse Grid - Passing Points based on finish position vs starting position.

Prizes:

1x $20 iRacing Gift Card - Randomly Drawn to anyone who competes in four or more rounds
1x $20 iRacing Gift Card - Overall Winner of the series

... so on

Feature:
... so on

Passing Points:
1 point for each position you finish ahead of your grid/starting position

Rules:
- Standard iRacing Rules
- Local Yellow Flags
- 25x Penalty, 40x DQ
- Kiwi Sim Racing's Racing Rules
- Voice Comm's - Discord is heavily encouraged for all communications during the night - Kiwi Sim Racing Discord Invite Link
- Fixed Setup - Tracks where there is a track specific baseline available we will use that - other tracks will be one of the baseline setups, and will be confirmed in the weekly race thread

Race Night Schedule:
[19:45] - Session Goes Live
[20:15] - Drivers Briefing
[20:20] - Qualifying
[20:30] - Racing Commences

Haven't got iRacing??

As most know, iRacing is a subscription based racing sim that has a heap of pay to use content. The fortunate thing, is there is also a heap of FREE content available to race with, just from the base subscription.

How to join? The good news is, iRacing is currently doing 40% off on all new memberships!

Click Here

Liveries:
iRacing has its own in-built livery creator for each car where you can choose from a range of decals and styles, colour combinations, rim colours and number styles, all for free.

On top of this, custom skins are supported via the Trading Paints website & app available Here

Once registered and the app is downloaded, you can browse from 1000's of user created skins, upload your own, or choose from many of the Kiwi Sim Racing liveries already done - our Kiwi Sim Racing showroom is available Here

Results:

Overall Standings

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

kerryland

Re: NZiRL 6: Formula Cup

Post by kerryland » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:24 pm

[16/06] - Round 4 - Track Schedule TBA
[23/06] - Round 5 - Track Schedule TBA
Any idea yet -- I need to plan my budget :-)

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:30 pm

kerryland wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:24 pm
Schedule should get released in the next day or two

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:00 pm

kerryland wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:24 pm
Top post updated :)

Scmnz

Post by Scmnz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:17 pm

Hey guys,

Is this joinable mid season?

I love me my single seaters... thought usually at the lower power end to go with my reaction speeds of an old fart! Keen to give the F3 Dallara a good crack!

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:11 pm

Scmnz wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:17 pm
Hey guys,

Is this joinable mid season?

I love me my single seaters... thought usually at the lower power end to go with my reaction speeds of an old fart! Keen to give the F3 Dallara a good crack!
Absolutely!

You'll just need to make sure you join the Kiwi Sim Racing league on iRacing Leagues page

Scmnz

Post by Scmnz » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Thanks for the hosting and racing last night guys! thoroughly enjoyed it, even the chaos :)...

Long Beach in F3's however... rubber underwear should be compulsory!