NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Image
Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Post Reply
User avatar
Bull
Posts: 7366
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:12 am
Location: Your Mirror
Contact:

NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Post by Bull » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:46 pm

Image

Nostalgia hit and a great round of racing was had at the iconic and historical Blackwood GP, with some rather dizzy drivers after spinning, rolling and clearing the spectators fence! We take a taste of Britain down under for the penultimate round, hosted at Hidden Valley Raceway. A circuit that has a nice long straight, and a nice sharp hairpin at the end of it - what could go wrong!

Track: Hidden Valley

Schedule:
[20:00] - Official Practise
[20:55] - Drivers Briefing
[21:00] - Grid Draw
[21:05] - Racing Commences

Format:
3x 12 minute sprint races from pre-determined grid draw
1x 20 minute feature race, grids are reverse of current round standings.

NOTE: Please ensure you have reserved your car in the reservations thread, there is only a limited amount of liveries available for each vehicle.

User avatar
Bull
Posts: 7366
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:12 am
Location: Your Mirror
Contact:

Re: NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Post by Bull » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:31 am

Race day

Erik
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Post by Erik » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Since last night my internet connection has been all over the place.. disconnecting frequently and then reconnecting with either normal or absurdly low upload speeds. It disconnected on me 3x this evening alone so we'll have to see how we go tonight. :rolleyes:

User avatar
Obsc3ne
Posts: 2498
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:24 am
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Re: NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Post by Obsc3ne » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Erik wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:06 pm
Since last night my internet connection has been all over the place.. disconnecting frequently and then reconnecting with either normal or absurdly low upload speeds. It disconnected on me 3x this evening alone so we'll have to see how we go tonight. :rolleyes:
That pretty bad timing Erik, how are we looking today?

Also enjoyed the racing last night again, probably the toughest track we've had to get right consistently and it showed with how spread out we were (which still wasn't too much, just moreso than other weeks).

But once you in a pack it was hard to pass which created some great battles for multiple laps.

User avatar
Viking
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Dunedin

Re: NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Post by Viking » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:22 pm




As Obsc3ne said a bit more of a spread this time, and 3 distinct groups.
Plus I'm claiming fastest first sector (in the races) which was a pleasant surprise. :D
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

User avatar
Obsc3ne
Posts: 2498
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:24 am
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Re: NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Post by Obsc3ne » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:25 am

The really annoying thing about that is the lack of ground the other cars make on the Ford down the straight.

My main excuse is gone!

User avatar
Obsc3ne
Posts: 2498
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:24 am
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Re: NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Post by Obsc3ne » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:22 am

Did some testing last night and got an Ad for Ford vs Ferrari when I first launched rFactor2.

Anyone else gotten this?

Erik
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Post by Erik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Obsc3ne wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:12 pm
Erik wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:06 pm
Since last night my internet connection has been all over the place.. disconnecting frequently and then reconnecting with either normal or absurdly low upload speeds. It disconnected on me 3x this evening alone so we'll have to see how we go tonight. :rolleyes:
That pretty bad timing Erik, how are we looking today?
Well it went okay for the first race but by the second race my connection decided to quit all together and it was completely down until a Chorus technician fixed a fault at the exchange today so after 3 days I'm finally back online again.

User avatar
Viking
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Dunedin

Re: NZrFL 52: KTCC - Round 5

Post by Viking » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Obsc3ne wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:22 am
Did some testing last night and got an Ad for Ford vs Ferrari when I first launched rFactor2.

Anyone else gotten this?
Yup, new low for gaming imho.
The movie 'Sponsored' the rF24 hours rerun.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

Post Reply